Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A test for the new government

Its been a week since the new BJP government took control of my state, Karnataka. Surprisingly they are still in partying mood. The tell-sign indication for this is that, there is absolutely no news about development, the fertilizer shortage problem or the hogenakkal water dispute being tackled. Before the elections I was certainly sure that a BJP government (without coalition) would be the best bet for the future. Now the certainty in my mind is slowly fading away. I think the 3 seats which BJP were short of having a clear majority might just be the turning point for the next 4 years. The individuals who have come in, have absolutely no interest in the well being of the state. If there were to be a 51% majority for BJP, these individual candidates would have been sitting in the parliament back rows, with no body caring for their views. Now that they are in the limelight they are trying to make the maximum use of it. Other day I heard that one of them was demanding the Deputy Chief Minister post. How daring! I was never sure of the commanding authority of our Chief Minister Shri BSY, and now I am not sure he can handle the crisis situations. Hopefully he will prove me and all of the detractors wrong. For BJP to win in the center, its imperative how the BJP led states perform in the next 10 months. This according to me is the best way to canvas their ideology.

No comments:

HITS SINCE JAN 10th 2009 Hit Counters