Saturday, June 14, 2008

Cafe Babe!

I have been working on Java for 2 years now. But I got to know about this kinky side of java couple of days back. Till then, whenever i felt the need to look at a compiled java class i used to use either a Java Decompiler or use javap (disassembler). But 2 days back I used a Hex Editor to view it. And to my shock found the first 32 bits to be 0xcafe 0xbabe. What a genius who wrote java compiler. Relating everything to Coffee, Coffee bars and the beautiful gals who come there. It definitely has to be a man. To my surprise I found that a java interpreter determines whether it is a java class file or not, by looking at first 2 Bytes. So all newbie hackers out there(like me), who want to deal in the world of 0's and 1's can think of this as a humble start!

No comments:

HITS SINCE JAN 10th 2009 Hit Counters