Thursday, June 30, 2011

Random Thoughts

Lately at work when I exchange morning pleseantries with colleagues I have mostly been asked the same question in reply - "Had your breakfast?" - I must appear either too obese or too frail.

I wonder if the ones I hold the door for, read a label on my face that says ‘Born to Hold the Door for YOU’. I get no thanks not even a smile, ok not even a glance. I have found a way out though, I say ‘You are welcome!’ out loud. That ends up me getting a look, if I am lucky that is. Anyways, I feel good about it.

Due to my stay in Mumbai for the past 2 years I have been doing a lot of air travel. If I am doing a web check-in I generally take the window seat 25A. Gives me a good view of the city when I take off and land without the wings playing spoil sport. Very recently I was flying to Pune from Bangalore. A very excited couple from Punjab occupied this seat that was already alloted to me. I requested them to give it back to me. Mr. Punjab enquired ‘Are you sure you want it?’ I would have given it up if that question was not asked; but I feel guilty all the same. I should have JUST let them be; so sorry excited couple from Punjab.

I ended up waiting on hold 20 minutes for the promised ‘5 minutes only’ that was requested by the Airtel customer care executive when I called to log my complaint for the 3rd time. 5 minutes more for the additional 2 minutes that she requested. I realized it was then time to tell her ‘If you had told me 25 minutes right at the beginning, I would have finished making other important calls after having waited for 15 mins when 2 minutes would be what they would have asked for’ and cut the call. I did say something to that effect subtly and if not exactly but didn’t cut the call.

Whenever I have revisited my blog it embarrasses me. And you?

I was not quite in the mood to make up a story around my thoughts, so I let them be - Random Thoughts.

No comments:

HITS SINCE JAN 10th 2009 Hit Counters