Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dream Weekends?

There was a time not so long ago that I used to detest weekends. Those were my school days. Days when I looked forward to the Mondays. The hatred towards weekends were due to the fact that, I would miss chatting and playing with my friends for two whole days. More dreadful were the winter and summer vacations. Two months of idling and killing time was such a waste for me back then.

But things change. And when they do, they change dramatically. Its a 180 degree turnaround now. Friday evenings are the best part of the whole week. Sunday evenings are the worst. I never realized till I started to work that 'Monday Blues' could happen to me. In fact I have met very few people who do not have it.

It does not mean that I don't like to work, nor does it mean that I don't like to hang around with my colleagues in office. It's just that, I hate being in that closed environment. I sometimes get the feeling of a bonded laborer, sometimes of a prisoner. Working in a cubicle tends to tie me down. It has nothing to do with claustrophobia. Cubicle spurs my unhappiness. What ever the reason the bottom line is that I feel that I'm not 'free'.

But that feeling changes to euphoria once the Friday evening mist sets in. The drive back home becomes so much more enjoyable. I tend to feel that freedom awaits me. It's the best feeling I have in the week. So much so that I tend to plan activities of the next weekend all through out the week. Rarely has there been a weekend in the last 1 year where I had absolutely no plans.
Even small things done during the weekend make me happy. Things so small that I would have taken these for granted not so long back. But this is not the worst part. The worst part is I don't know how to change this dangerous trend and again start looking forward to the MONDAYS!

2 comments:

Balakrishna said...

Good day to write it on , MONDAY :-D

Padmashree said...

You want to start looking forward for Mondays? well, check this out Three tips to beat Monday blues
hehehee ;) :D

HITS SINCE JAN 10th 2009 Hit Counters