Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Genius called Madhu Ravi Kashyap

I wanted to write this post for some time now. But got delayed to inexplicable reasons. What better day than today to introduce to all of you one of my best and most talented friends/guru. He turns 23 today. Happy birthday dude :-)

We share our first names. That in itself is like a privilege to me. I have known Madhu (alias Ketchup) for nearly 5 years now. I must confess that I have never come across a more innocent and down to earth person than him. He is supremely talented and exceedingly hardworking - a deadly combination. His virtues have made him achieve levels of success that I can only dream of. He is the best singer that I know of personally. He is a very innovative composer. But the quality of his that I really admire is his passion and dedication towards music. It takes real determination to pursue your dreams and goals like that. Apart from being one of the most supportive friends, he is also my guru. I have had the privilege of learning music from him albeit for a short duration. Those were the days that I still cherish. Sadly all good things come to a end, and so did this. But the experience of learning from him is something supernatural. I could feel the devotion, the joy in his singing. That, I could not even come close to matching that magic on my flute is a different matter. His concerts (I have attended quite a few of them) are on a completely different league all together. His concerts are a roller coaster ride of spirituality, devotion and euphoria.

As they say "Good things happen to good people", a lot of happy news are coming from ketchup's side for couple of months now (keep 'em coming). First it was him winning the First Prize in the Star Vijay competition "Paadum Office", which is currently being telecasted on Sundays 7 PM on Star Vijay. He won First Prize in both Classical Carnatic(that was obvious) and Popular Songs categories. He also won the Second Prize in the group category where he was representing Infosys. Next news was a absolute shocker for all of us who knew him. He broke the news (over email :-@) that he would be tying the knot with his childhood sweetheart later this year. At first I thought he was joking, but immediately realized that he was serious. He is the first person from our 'gang' to tie the knot. They are going to settle down in Chennai to continue their music career. Oh ya, you read it right. His fiance is also a musician. An accomplished one at that. So we can look forward to a happy musical family :-D More good news was to follow. His sister gave birth to a baby girl. So he has a beautiful niece to share his happiness with. He is going to sing in films now. Already 2-3 are lined up. So expect his name in the chart busters to come. And today is his birthday. So many reasons for him to treat us. But of late it has been difficult to get hold of him (understandably so ;-)) It has been a great year for him so far.

@Ketchup : Wishing you many more happy and beautiful years ahead, with loads of awards and recognition for your talent.

ps : All of us are still waiting for you to introduce us to Krithi
pps : Already started planning for your Bachelor Party ;-)

3 comments:

Vinay R said...

Nice summary of Ket maga... I too agree tat he is one amazing talented person...

@Ket: I was also surprised maga wen u told abt ur marriage... Anywayz advance wishes.. Wen is the bachelor's party? hehe..

Sathish said...

Nice one maga.....
I can't believe that he is going to sing in movies..... When he told me, I thought I had heard wrong :) Though I do hope that he gets time to meet us :(
Well, now kv is going to charge him commission on a per song basis.... So if ketchup starts singing for bollywood movies kv is also going to go national in his business. So there are going to 2 very successful ppl in our gang.... Ketchup and commuu :D

Bala said...

You are certainly bang on man. He is definitely the man of all seasons and has been my greatest ever inspiration in music and in life. Warm wishes to my Guru in every walks of life. :)

@Kaushik: You are proving to be an exciting writer. Looking forward to your future posts. Keep blogging. :)

HITS SINCE JAN 10th 2009 Hit Counters